Re: Wine under Squeeze (6.0.5) - Wheere does it get put by Synaptic?

On 09/23/2013 10:46 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
[I do have *DO* have Wheezy, but that machine no work - unrelated problems]

I just installed Wine including (so Synaptic verifies) the documentation.
Can't find it. Where should it have been put?

Only half of of the Windows programs I tested even began to work.
I'm assuming "operator error" until proven otherwise.

The first thing I found at https://winehq.org/ was a caution that official Squeeze package was far behind. Figured I should be reading documentation which matches what I installed ;/

Help please. TIA

Hi,
something like that gives you info about files in a package or packages

 dpkg -L `dpkg -l | awk '/wine/ {print $2}'`

substitute "wine" with the package name you need.

Regards,
Alex