Re: Re: Security?

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 17:25 -0400, Shawn Wilson wrote:
>>
>> davidson@ling.ohio-state.edu wrote:

>with
>> >
>> >according to my understanding,
>> >
>> >  https://startpage.com
>> >
>> >... is a google scraper, sort of like what scroogle used to be, and
>> >which is run by ixquick.
>> >

>> ddg is their own thing (with coolness google doesn't have). Idk about
>ixquick.
>
>Getting useless hits isn't cool ;).

*shrug* google auto-uncorrecting my searches and bringing up results without words I put in a search in a 2 word query might be worse. Not sure which I prefer - I find ddg gives some obscure stuff google failed to return but I still start with google. Google is pissing me off more and more (both technically and by being evil) so the day is coming.