Re: Re: Security?

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 09:45 -0700, consultor wrote:
> The situation that i can see, is that every US, commercial entity, can
> not be trusted anymore around the world; and specially by US citizens.
>
> If it had happened, that more than 99 % of them were able to go against
> their clients; it means that they are not trusted anymore. Microsoft,
> Google, Yahoo, FaceBook and really, many more.
>
> The other thing that i can see is related to Debian; recently, the
> developers had a clean conversation related to Debian software security;
> we can not be sure that Debian is not infiltrated by 3 letters agencies;
> and they were talking about how to secure the software. But what could
> happens with hardware? do we have to buy it in China?

Debian is one of the most recommended OS, when experts talk about
security.

JFTR today is 11. September. If we turn on a television set and zap for
a while, we can see people jumping out skyscrapers. This is no excuse
for what the NSA is doing, but it brings to mind that it's not only
black and white. All societies have to learn. Human race is very good in
making technological progress, but we stagnate in making emotional,
social progress.

I dislike Google, but if I search something I very often end up with
using Google. Duck Duck Go and ixquick very often fail.

Two sides of the same coin. I guess there's no need to use Microsoft,
Facebook, Twitter, Apple. However, right now I'm going to install
Windows 95, no typo, 95 as VBox guest, sure, Linux is the host OS, but
for research I need Window 95 at the moment, since I'm writing an editor
for a vintage synth and it's manual doesn't give all the needed
information, a question I asked at Linux audio developers mailing list
was answered by myself, but there are additional questions. So to
provide FLOSS for Linux, I have to take a look at free software for
Windows 95.

I don't understand that people pay money for Microsoft and Apple
products.