Re: Apache2 neds to ne reset

Dear John,

Please download apache as a tar.gz and try installing in a local path rather installing as a system(/usr/bin or /usr/local/bin). In this way, you can configure to the most minute level. If you find any issues, you can simply remove that path. That is it.

Steps:

1. tar -xzvf <apache_tar_file>
2. cd <apache untar dir>
3. ./configure <with the required arguments> (usually prefix, give it with your local path. Check './configure --help' for more details)
4. make
5. make install (This needs to be run with the user which has the permission to install apache in the configured prefix directory)

After successfully completing the above steps, you can go to the apache/bin and execute 'httpd -k start' command. That is it.

Regards,
Balamurugan R