Re: building from source for different arch

 Hi.

On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 23:20:34 +0200
Lucio Crusca <lucio@sulweb.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to build opus package from source for both amd64 and i386, after
> having applied the patch by Pino Toscano I've found here:

<skip>
>   $ dpkg-buildpackage -ai386

>From my limited experience in this area, invoking dpkg-buildpackage
-a<arch> MAY create the package, but such package will have messed
dependencies.

Unless you intend to do something very strange (i.e. amd64.deb which
contains i386 binaries), you'll probably better build package for i386
in a pure i386 chroot (easily made by deboostrap).

Reco