Re: Printer brand recommendations

Hi guys,

Please allow me to revive this thread. (Let me know if its better to
start a new one)

I'm in need of help to find a new printer. My current printer (Samsung
SCX4200 stopped working since Wheezy upgrade. I already asked here
about the issue and tried to correct it with no success.)

Now, its very tricky to find a good gnu-linux/debian compatible
printer. My experience tells me to first look the stores, to see what
they have. And only then to look if its compatible.

I'm using this site to see compatibility.

http://www.openprinting.org/printers

Is this a reliable source of information? Do you have any other
(pratical) suggestion?

Also, in my reach, I found for now three I'm willing to buy.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w

Black & White laser printer, max. 600x600 dpi, works Mostly SCORE: 2 penguins
Recommended Driver: foo2zjs-z2 (Home page)
Generic Instructions: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler

Samsung ML-2165W
(This site does not have it! RED FLAG!)

Epson M105 Series

Color inkjet printer (WRONG, its BLACK only here), max. 5760x1440 dpi,
works Perfectly  SCORE: 3 penguins.
Recommended Driver: epson-201215w (Home page, Driver packages: x86 32
bit: 1.0.0 (RPM for LSB 3.2) (Signed), 1.0.0 (DEB for LSB 3.2)
(Signed), x86 64 bit: 1.0.0 (RPM for LSB 3.2) (Signed), 1.0.0 (DEB for
LSB 3.2) (Signed) (How to install))
Generic Instructions: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler

Do you have any information and/or recommendation regarding this printers?

Do you suggest any other similar that I might try to find in stores nearby?

(Preferable laser / wifi. Color not needed.)

Thank you!

Beco