Re: Printer brand recommendations

In data lunedì 9 settembre 2013 14:48:18, Beco ha scritto:
> I'm using this site to see compatibility.
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/printers

I think openprinting.org is terribly outdated. I prefer googling for
"<printer model name> linux" and seeing what people ask in the forums, but
please note that I'm skilled enough in linux administration to distinguish
real printer problems posts from users that do not know how to configure it
properly, so that method might not be ideal for everyone.

That being said, I use a Brother inkjet printer and it works perfectly with
Brother provided drivers (proprietary). The advantage is the very low cost of
compatible ink cartdridges (about €1/each).