Re: Printer brand recommendations

Beco wrote at 2013-09-09 12:48 -0500:
> I'm using this site to see compatibility.
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/printers
>
> Is this a reliable source of information? Do you have any other
> (pratical) suggestion?

Regarding openprinting.org: many/all the forum links refer to a domain
that does not exist, registration has been disabled or is broken
(depending on which of the ~3 possible registration URLs you try), and
at least some printer information is incorrect.  I know of one
specific printer (Lexmark E360dn) that is marked as a color printer
working perfectly but is neither.  I left a comment about this in the
past, but the comment is gone now without an updated entry.

Here is the link that perhaps should work for registration:
<https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/user/register>.  But I get a
server error when trying to login using those credentials after
successfully registering.

This site should be taken down or fixed.

If anyone wants to, you could send a message to the Linux Foundation
about the site.  See <http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/contact>
for contact information; you will notice an address "openprinting (at)
linuxfoundation dot org" for correspondence regarding the OpenPrinting
site.  I might try sending a message sometime.