Re: How to get rid of an entry in grub?

David Guntner grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> I'm really starting to think it's just something that got stuck in the
> partition table.  Now that I think about it, I think when I re-purposed
> that drive, I deleted all partitions except for sdb1 and then just
> resized it to fill the whole drive.  I'm going to move the contents off,
> delete the partition outright and recreate it (gparted) and reformat,
> etc.  We'll see what happens then....

Well, that appears to have taken care of it. :-)  A bit brute-force, I
suppose, but given that it was easy enough to remedy that way, I guess
I'll take what I can get.

I guess there must have been a remnant of something that looked like
Linux in the sdb1 partition.  All I know is that I this time when I ran
update-grub this time, it's no longer seeing a ghost OS on that partition.

Thanks to all those who helped and provided
information/feedback/suggestions!

              --Dave