Re: Mouse middle button and Enlightenment(E17)

On 8/30/13, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 August 2013 12:54, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
>> On 8/29/13, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On one I can paste (as in other enironments like LXDE, Gnome, KDE,
>> > XFCE)
>> > after selecting some part of the screen and then pressing the middle
>> button
>> > (mouse wheel).  On the other one that process does not work.  I thought
>> > have about the same environment on both computers (testing/sid with
>> 3-10-2
>> > kernel).
>>
>> I use Logitech trackman, and my solution may give you a pointer:
>> from:
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/133648/marble-mouse-middle-click-fail-in-12-04
>> I have appended the following settings ing 10-evdev.conf:
>
> Thanks.  I have tried that and several other configurations of xorg.conf I
> have seen - and had limited success.  It now seems to work sometimes!

That particular configuration will probably not work for you, it is
for my Logitech trackball which has four buttons and a trackball.
Awesome device - took me a couple of days, but now it is faster than
anything for regular office work (not a gamer), *and* I use it
predominantly left hand, much more efficient for my typing, and no
more rsi. !!

Anyway, regarding your configuration, you to customize it, you
probably need to understand this:
man evdev

Sorry I don't know if there is some gui, normal mouse should just
work, but obviously it isn't.
Since it's working for you in one configuration, can you see if there
is that evdev.. file existing in the config/install that works for
you?

good luck
zenaan