Re: Mouse middle button and Enlightenment(E17)

On 29 August 2013 12:54, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
On 8/29/13, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am experimenting with E17 as an alternative desktop environment on two
> computers.

Cool. I would like to hear if you have good experiences.

> On one I can paste (as in other enironments like LXDE, Gnome, KDE, XFCE)
> after selecting some part of the screen and then pressing the middle button
> (mouse wheel).  On the other one that process does not work.  I thought I
> have about the same environment on both computers (testing/sid with 3-10-2
> kernel).

i realised today that on the one computer the middle button was not working in Gnome3 also!

I use Logitech trackman, and my solution may give you a pointer:
from: http://askubuntu.com/questions/133648/marble-mouse-middle-click-fail-in-12-04
I have appended the following settings ing 10-evdev.conf:

Thanks.  I have tried that and several other configurations of xorg.conf I have seen - and had limited success.  It now seems to work sometimes!

Also check out xev if you need more specifics on your particular button codes.

I did not learn anything about the codes using xev.  I plainly do not understand what is going on there.  Clicking the middle button in the xev-window did not give me any information I could understand or use.

apt-cache show sparkleshare

Thanks for this one too. I did not know about it.

Regards
Johann