Re: xfce4 and CD/DVD

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 17:21 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> As Ralph says, problem is solved for kde and even gnome (gvfs used by thunar comes from
> gnome stuff, no?) and not for xfce... I don't want to install kde or
> gnome, it is too expensive for such a problem

Here we experience one of the great Debian advantages, split packages,
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=gvfsd

The package that has to be installed is named gvfs-daemons.

If you want to know what gvfsd did or didn't, run

strace /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd

after you inserted a DVD.

strace is available by a package named strace, regarding to
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=strace

Perhaps it isn't gvfsd but something else ;) and even if the issue
should be caused by gvfsd, at least I do understand less of a strace
output, that's why I got help by another user, to find out what by gvfs
does kill external "green" drives. FWIW neither the expert who helps me
nor I use gvfs ourself.