Re: xfce4 and CD/DVD

Le 26/08/2013 20:15, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> Take a look at
>
> Thunar > Edit > Preferences... > Advanced > Volume Management >
> Configure > Storage
>
> even if you never ever use Thunar as your file manager, there are the
> settings you want to handle.

This was done when I sent my first message... Anyway, xfce cannot handle
properly CD and DVD.

Insert an audio CD, it is not mounted (of course!) but you cannot see it
on the desk... Launch audacious and open a file on this CD (because you
know where it is), immediately you see the icon of the CD and you can
listen your file. And you cannot eject the CD from the icon menu... In a
terminal you can type "eject" and it is ejected...

OK! I know all this, but anybody using this computer without any cli
knowledge, cannot handle this.

Same thing with a DVD, using vlc (for instance)...

And you can see an icon (not displayed after inserting the CD or DVD) if
you type somme command like "dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd"...

Something is missing somewhere.

I said, in a previous message, that if I plug an usb stick/hdd, it is
automatically mounted, this is half right: if I plug an hdd with more
than 2 partitions on it, only two are mounted... and not the same each
time: sometimes partitions 1&2, sometimes 1&3 or 2&3, but never the 3
partitions all together...

Strange!

--
François Patte