Re: xfce4 and CD/DVD

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 23:14 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> Le 26/08/2013 20:15, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> > Thunar > Edit > Preferences... > Advanced > Volume Management >
> > Configure > Storage
>
> This was done when I sent my first message... Anyway, xfce cannot handle
> properly CD and DVD.

Pardon.

> OK! I know all this, but anybody using this computer without any cli
> knowledge, cannot handle this.

Fortunately I don't have to take care about it, I'm the only user and I
know how to use CLI.

Without knowing current KDE, I've got the impression that it's the best
DE, if it's ok to use a bloated DE. IMO other bloated DEs suck and btw.
I installed Cinnamon and Mate, for very good reasons you won't find Mate
in official repositories of many distros. Xfce isn't one of those
bloated DEs, but that also does mean that it doesn't come with all the
comfort.

Perhaps you should continue using Xfce + CLI as I do too, but you maybe
should install KDE for other users.