Re: xfce4 and CD/DVD

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 11:41 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> Le 26/08/2013 11:20, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> > Thunar does use gvfs and gvfs is a PITA.
>
> PITA?

Pain in the a...

> Anyway, I don't use thunar...

You're using Xfce without a desktop? IOW you are using Thunar, even if
you don't use it as a file manager. The DVD mounting is done by gvfs,
assumed you've got it installed, but it also kills external HDDs, so
it's better not to install it. FWIW since somebody else and I try to
repair the "please kill my external HHD" issue, I currently have gvfs
installed and on Arch Linux, Xfce 4.10 mounting and ejecting a DVD does
work.