Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

Le 27.08.2013 13:12, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
Some of those distros are much older than Debian is.

Well, sorry to go inside your discussion ( which is more fun than anything else, for me ), but that point surprised me. I am not a linux distro expert, and only really used Debian ( tried Ubuntu, backtrack, archlinux and gentoo... only few hours, because I did not liked the 2 first's packaging political - and gnome, which is the default for them - , for arch it was just broken even before a usable installation - xorg had broken dependency... arch was installed, but not *usable* for me. - and I never successfully compiled a gentoo system which just work when you start the computer... so, really fast tries, and only for gentoo I intend to try distro anew, to give it another chance. ) but IIRC, from stuff I had read here and there, the only older distro is slackware, am I wrong?

I do not mean that age is a criteria of quality ( this would mean our 100 aged grandmothers are smarter and stronger than anyone else... I sincerely doubt it ;) ) but just wanted to know which other distro is so old.