Re: deb-multimedia repository

On Friday 23 August 2013 02:04:01 Doug wrote:
> My complaint is with Debian's politics: if it's not FOSS, you can't have
> it.

I have non-FLOSS applications on my Debian computer.  I also used an
unofficial installer that had non-free drivers in.  It was readily available,
and I learnt about it on this list.  So if Debian is trying to prevent us
from having non-FLOSS software, it is making a very bad job of it.

As you say, there are other distros.  You are free to use them.  Debian
doesn't restrict you in that either.

What baffles me, is why you are reading and posting on this list if you
disapprove of Debian's politics.  It is, after all, the *debian-user* list.

Lisi