Re: deb-multimedia repository

On 23/08/13 18:46, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Friday 23 August 2013 02:04:01 Doug wrote:
My complaint is with Debian's politics: if it's not FOSS, you can't have
it.

I have non-FLOSS applications on my Debian computer.  I also used an
unofficial installer that had non-free drivers in.  It was readily available,
and I learnt about it on this list.  So if Debian is trying to prevent us
from having non-FLOSS software, it is making a very bad job of it.

I thought the reason that libdvdcss(2) wasn't included in the Debian repos isn't because of any issues with the licensing, but because it may potentially be illegal to use in some areas due to the fact the it cracks copyright protection on media.

--
Dom