Re: Quoting Style

On 8/17/2013 9:05 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Jerry Stuckle a écrit :
On 8/17/2013 6:33 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Bob Proulx a écrit :
Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Some mail/news readers such as Thunderbird can apply different color and
format to quoted text. This makes reading much easier.
But those colors are picked by the reader, not the writer.
The coloring also applies to the quoted text in the reply window, even
though it is plain text. This also makes replying using
conversational/interleaved quoting easier IMO.

The important point here, as Bob pointed out, is that the coloring
appears on YOUR system.

Of course. I didn't say otherwise. It makes reading and replying easier
for ME, if that was not clear enough for you.

It does not appear on MY system (or most of the other people here).

I do not care how it appears on YOUR system.

If you read back in this thread, the whole point was the OP was claiming how the colors showed up on his system, and he expected the same colors to appear on other people's systems.

And unlike you, I DO care how the message appears on your system. That's why I use the appropriate quoting style and reply methods.