Re: *Another* Backup software question...

Thank you Hans,

nice information to learn something new :), but I suspect they don't
make sense for home usage.

On Sat, 2013-07-13 at 17:26 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Worms look like DVD's, its capacity is about 10GB. Those are used by some
> German government to store important data like plans of houses or other
> documents.

When reading the Wiki,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write_once_read_many , I had to laugh,
since all my EPROMS are still ok. The data is safe, but the capacity of
EPROMs is low and the usage as backup media would be a little bit
elaborate.

Searching for "buy data worm drive" isn't promising.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/wormdps/index.html

Some kinds WORM drives are available, but seem not to be home solutions.

Success for the search "linux worm drive driver".

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO66645
http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/sr.html

This seems not to be a solution for most of us.

Regards,
Ralf