Re: Spurious letter appears in OpenOffice ...

Here's the URL for my OO posting:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=536651#536651

This may be related to a problem I had years ago with the page
format for a No.10 envelope.  Once I got the working combination
of Landscape/Portrait and other factors in synch between the
printer and OO, from then on I simply copied the new address in
place of a former address in order to print envelopes reliably.

Here's the end result of today's experiment.

First, I deleted everything from the "farmer's axe" envelope template,
and that printed as a blank page.  Then, after much experimentation it
hit me that the second letter of each line was appearing as the extra
letter:

Here's what I typed and what I got (in facsimile):

QWerty ......................W QWerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
QWerty ......................W QWerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
QXerty ......................X QXerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
QXerty ......................X QXerty
Qxerty ......................x Qxerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
Q*erty ......................* Q*erty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
Q*erty ......................* Q*erty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty
Qwerty ......................w Qwerty

All those spurious letters were partially printed, as though
through a mask that truncates both sides of the character.

A PDF of the first column was exported from OO and printed
a new page like the second column, as does the ODT version.

George Langford