Re: How to install Debian in such a situation

On Mon 15 Apr 2013 at 13:50:49 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> I've a very old PC with an old Debian installed.  Recently I found the hard
> disk has some bad sectors, sometime the file system will be mounted as read
> only.

You imply the machine is still functioning and the OS is bootable, so
d-i can be started up from this disk.

>        I bought a new hard disk and downloaded Debian testing version, then
> I found the CD-ROM is broken,  it can not boot from the CD-ROM.  The old PC
>   can not boot from USB disk either.  How to install the new Debian on the
> new hard disk?

Please see Sections 4.4 and 5.1.4 of the Manual. You will probably want
the hd-media images. Note that your Debian testing ISO can be put on a
USB stick and is capable of being found and installed to the new disk.