Re: Using unstable for certain packages

> Personally I like the about two-year stable release schedule.  It is
> long enough

I appreciate knowing that our setup will not break due to this but
also compile and download various packages like libreoffice and
xfce-4.10.

Now I would not expect libreoffice to be packaged but xfce-4.10 had a
year or two year testing cycle before release and so I see it as
perhaps one of very few exceptions.

OTOH I have just run into a glib(gio) segmentation fault in debian 6
likely due to mime.cache file corruption in .local, certainly due to
that file in any case. Quite Ironic that xfce-4.10 is more stable
thanan included package which it is built on ;-). Perhaps it was caused
by the mix of old and new code but then I suppose that glib bug would
have been fixed.

In any case, no problem just thought it was worth consideration as a
particular case. I am probably going to drop the xfce4-panel from our
plans now anyway. Nothing to do with xfce but glib taking everything
down including the panel and synaptic for what should be a non issue as
it is a file that could just be deleted is simply unacceptable to me
when there are rock solid alternatives.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)