Re: Using unstable for certain packages

> Then again, if you build from source, you'll lose the automatic upgrade
> feature provided by apt/aptitude.
>
> Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe so. There are some debian source building tools and mepis
archives are usable perhaps best with pinning. I plan to experiment
with the latter but have no experience of it. I pinned experimental
debians firefox but it broke after a few updates. I expect mepis repos
to actually be more workable as they use the stable base and bild new
packages.

Incidentally. I do wonder if debian stable should accelerate some
packages which follow a more stable dev cycle like xfce-4.10 where it
has already been well tested.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)