Re: How to get Debian live running from flash with persistence

Hi Michael,

On 2013-04-13 20:50, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope this is the right forum for my question.
>
> I wanted to use Debian live
> (http://live-build.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-build) on a 468 Laptop
> installed on a flash drive with full persistence.
> [...]
>
> Next, I downloaded testing live from
>
> http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/next+nonfree/i386/iso-hybrid/
>
> It worked well, but I got no persistence, although I started with the
> persistence boot parameter.  Maybe because it wasn't a "usb-hdd"
> image???  (was not available).

Perhaps my answer on the list yesterday to Jim on the
subject: Internet with Debian could be of help?

First of all, I have another architecture (amd64) and I never got
persistence to work with stable (Squeeze).
But it works really well with testing (Wheezy) using the regular
iso-hybrid .iso image.

There is a link to a very helpful instruction in my previous mail.
Note that using Wheezy, the partition used for persistent storage has
to be labeled ´persistence´ if You use the standard boot parameter
´persistence´ (other options are mentioned in the manual).

Regards,
--
Chris