Re: debian-6.0.7-amd64 how to set resolution and refresh for free NVIDIA X drivers?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:49:14AM +0200, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
> [Nouveau]'s not still not working like a charm, since I tried kernel 3.8 to
> try a game (regnum online, bugged as hell, but at least it have a linux
> client which is playable) which perfectly works with official NVidia. The
> result with nouveau of 3.8 was only a black screen (for 3.2 the game simply
> said that some features were lacking and closed).

For *you*, which does not mean that this is the experience for *everyone*.
Therefore there's no reason to try and discourage *anyone else* from using
Nouveau, unless you know categorically what in particular about your setup
is to blame for your troubles (e.g. a specific video card), and the person
you are discouraging has the same setup.