Re: Fwd: Re: SSDT - Any more ideas??

PS, take a look at the source, after it's coming through the list, it's
plain text, not HTML:

[snip]
[snip]

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 22:15 -0600, Dave Thayer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 09:41:26AM -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> >
> > I set the parameters for this list to text only.
> >
> > When part of the email is HTML, Icedove defaults to HTML.
> >
> > I now see my error...
> >
> > I have to set the format to "preformat" and everything works.
>
> You're almost there, your message is still coming across as html,
> "preformat" simply makes html that looks like plaintext. This is
> useful when you want to send program code in html, but it doesn't help
> the plaintext issue.
>
> Here's an article on how to setup plaintext with thunderbird, and
> Icedove should be the same:
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_%28Thunderbird%29>

While Evolution became a PITA, it does provide one useful feature.

I can format plain text as "normal" and as "preformatted"

Normal:
[rocketmouse@archlinux Desktop]$ rm 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\
123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789

Preformatted:
[rocketmouse@archlinux Desktop]$ rm 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789\ 123456789

At least Evolution doesn't wrap the preformatted line, but does wrap the
normal formatted line. Does it show up like that in your MUA too?