Re: Fwd: Re: SSDT - Any more ideas??

On Thu 21 Mar 2013 at 07:36:09 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> - it might be that you have overwritten the MBR of your USB stick, if
>   so, the partition table now is destroyed and you first might need to
>   format it before you can continue ...

Overwriting the MBR is the whole point of getting a bootable USB device
when dd'ing or cat'ing an isohybrid to a USB stick. Any formatting which
is done beforehand will be completely undone by the writing process.

> ... I don't know, since I don't know how to make a bootable DOS stick

You have the opportunity to learn how to from posts in this thread. :)

> http://tuxtweaks.com/2009/09/create-a-bootable-freedos-usb-drive-on-linux-with-unetbootin/

UNetbootin might be a fine progam but using it to write an isohybrid to
a USB device is using yesterday's technology.