Re: Keyboard remapping

> For instance, in my case, I had written a file
> /etc/udev/keymaps/apple-aluminum containing:
>
> 0x70035 86      # Left to z: 102nd (providing backslash bar)
> 0x70064 grave   # Left to 1: grave notsign
> 0x70068 insert  # F13
>
> for the remappings I needed. The first number is the scan code, the
> second word is the key code or some associated symbol corresponding
> to the KEY_* macros from "/usr/include/linux/input.h". Due to a bug
> in the udev keymap utility, I had to use the key code 86 instead of
> the symbol 102nd above (though I've now written a patch, see Debian
> bug 654947).

Thanks. This sounds fairly involved,however, it turns out shift+f10 will
do what I want.

Dispite it being annoying my keyboard seems to lack this key I think
I'll stick to shift +f10 for now until I get some time to invest a few
hours in doing this.

Thanks for all your help and such a comprehensive response.

Best regards,
Daniel