Re: fix HD order

On 28-Feb-13 16:55, Joao Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
Hi,
i've 4 HD's and 3 distros.
When i load debian squeeze, the sdc hd is slected by grub, but the next
time i load it, the sda hd is selected.
It seems a randomize selecting.
How can i fix this ? UID is used and settings by name don't resolve the
problem.
And yes, i have win7 also on a separate hd.
thanks
Do you always see the same grub menu when booting? It is possible that you
have different grub configurations in each HD and the BIOS is choosing a
different disk to boot from each time.

I would try to make sure that the bios always choose the same disk when
booting. If this is not possible, then all files /boot/grub/grub.cfg in
each HD should be equal and use UUIDs.

Also, make sure that the /etc/fstab in each distribution use UUIDs.

João Luis

After verification, this problem occurs after a windows cession and reboot to squeeze.
I've 2 squeeze distribs, a new fresh installed and the old one.
The old one couldn't boot with an uid. It crashed at the boot. So i reset the /etc/fstab HD version to boot it correctly.
I'm now a + 20years debian user and hadn't never so many problems with it. (squeeze)
Would a ubuntu choice better at now?