Re: I wish to advocate linux --pclos from flash

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Joao Luis Meloni Assirati
<assirati@nonada.if.usp.br> wrote:

>> Thanks but these instructions are for creating an installation flash drive
>> on Linux - and they're well hidden. So it's a fail from the perspective
>> of the person criticizing distributions for not providing readily-available
>> Windows instructions for creating one.
>
> Wow! This trolling will never end. Will you find instructions in
> Microsoft's site on how to install Windows from Linux?

This is silly. Why is discussing how to give more/better instructions
for creating a Linux installation disk on Windows trolling?! You have
to assume that potential first-time Linux users, who don't have a
Linux-using friend who can/wants to help, are going to want to do so
and that they might want to use a flash disk rather than a CD/DVD.

If I had a non-work-supplied-totally-locked-down Windows installation,
I'd try the Ubuntu solution for Debian (that application looked like
it had a drop-down menu with a list of distributions) and suggest some
changes to the "burn an ISO on Windows" page of the Debian
documentation.