Re: I wish to advocate linux

Tom H wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Joao Luis Meloni Assirati wrote:
So here we have it. You are trying to run a Linux distribution from USB
stick. Somehing very exotic, not for beginers. Now I dare you to prove
that it is easier (or even possible) to do this with Windows. If you are
complaing that doing in Linux something that is impossible in Windows and
alleges that it is easier to do this thing in Windows is easier than in
Linux, you are...
Come to think of it, that's a good point - and even relevant to Linux
advocacy. I don't think I've ever seen a live CD for either Windows or
MacOS (well, the install DVD sort of is, but...). And I sure as heck don't
think you can get Windows or MacOS to run off a USB stick. On the other
hand, I CAN carry a full copy of Linux (or BSD) on my keyring - for some
applications that's kind of useful.
You can boot OS X from a USB stick!

Really? Can you point me at build directions?

Miles