Re: I wish to advocate linux

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:04:04 -0500
Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me give you an example of the kind of insensitivity (or myopic
> stupidity) that seems to be the hallmark of the Linux community. In
> the Debian live page, dd is offered as the way to copy the ISO file
> to a USB stick. But the dd program offered only runs in Linux! What
> good is that to someone who is running Windows at the time?

A Linux article that proposes the use of Linux (actually Unix) commands
and not Windows commands? Whatever next?

What would be the point, as few users of Windows even know there is a
command line, or how to reach it? (Most non-users of Windows know
there is a command line, but think it is still DOS 5.0. It isn't.)

Windows has plenty of GUI ISO-burning software, as I'm sure you are
aware. I think even Windows itself can do the job, now that optical
media are on the way out.

Why are you not annoyed that Windows has no built-in equivalent of dd?

--
Joe