Re: PulseAudio--is there a viable alternative?

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM, "Morel Bérenger"
<berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
>> Pure ALSA works fine if you only need one sound at a time and don't
>> need/want stuff like per source volume, and don't mind Flash sometimes
>> messing up and blocking all access to the sound card.
>
> I think you are speaking about OSS here, not about alsa.
> Alsa is able to play more than one soud/music at a time without problem: I
> can perfectly play wesnoth with sound+music and have mpd running
> background. (of course, I usually disable wesnoth's music, but not it's
> sounds)

Nope, I am talking about ALSA. ALSA can only play more than one source
at a time with its dmix utility (ALSA itself is fundamentally unable
to do mixing) , but I have never, ever seen dmix work at all.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers