Re: Installation

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:15:31 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:52:14 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>>
>>> And what about the users who *don't* want to learn, they just want to
>>> have and use a working computer?
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> As I already mentioned, they should go for something that suit their
>> needs, like a tablet or something prebuilt that provides the less
>> hassle to their minds. Linux (as we know) is not for them (or yes, but
>> then it has to be properly packaged, managed, delivered and supported
>> by Google or any other company).
>
> Why would it have to be taken over by a company?  That wouldn't remove
> the need for learning.

Because companies have the necessary resources to provide the kind of
support a newbie requires (e.g., IBM, HP, RedHat, Canonical or SUSE are
good examples for this). No user-driven mailing list can help these kind
of newbies in the same way that a company does, if someone told you so it
wasn't being sincere.

>> Because Windows OEM installations are always -regardless the version-
>> quick and take little time but we are not talking here about this, you
>> know...
>
> No, they aren't.

By your replies I can deduce that either:

a) You have never installed a OEMized version of Windows or,
b) You are not very skilled user because these versions provide a wizard
that only asks you no more than 5 basic questions, or
c) You're simply joking...

Greteings,

--
Camaleón