Re: Installation

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:58:16 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> On 09/19/2012 12:29 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> In that case, would an official downloaded-straight-from-Microsoft
>>> install ISO be enough for "from scratch" for your purposes?
>
>> No, and let me explain it.
>>
>> In order to "mimic" a real newbie situation (because no untechie user
>> even knows what an ISO image is)
>
> But they do know what a CD or DVD is; the "ISO" part is just how I got
> the CD/DVD in the first place, and the "straight from Microsoft" is
> intended to make sure that it's the same configuration as what you'd get
> from a purchased, pre-made disc.

(...)

Ah, I see... you meant for your own testing purposes, point taken.

But remember the ISO image has to contain the same data it has the
original Windows 7 DVD disc, no more and no less. You try with an empty
hard disk (unpartitioned, unformatted) and tell us how "smoothly" it
went :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón