Re: [OT] Posting styles

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 09:21:44AM -0500, Indulekha wrote:
> In linux.debian.user, Richard <richard@g8jvm.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:02:12 +0300
> > Mika Suomalainen <mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The other thing Mika, apart from that huge chunk of signature, why on
> > earth ask for a return receipt.
>
> It does tend to announce to the recipient that the sender has
> a wildly exaggerated sense of self-importance, which I suppose
> could be construed as useful. :)

"Because I damned well want to" is a perfectly valid reason for signing
emails/posts. The level of judgementalism (yeah, I know it's not a word
but, it's descriptive) I see exhibited here on this subject implies a
certain level of low self esteem.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,