Re: [OT] Posting styles

On 20120407_143810, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 09:21:44AM -0500, Indulekha wrote:
> > In linux.debian.user, Richard <richard@g8jvm.com> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:02:12 +0300
> > > Mika Suomalainen <mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The other thing Mika, apart from that huge chunk of signature, why on
> > > earth ask for a return receipt.
> >
> > It does tend to announce to the recipient that the sender has
> > a wildly exaggerated sense of self-importance, which I suppose
> > could be construed as useful. :)
>
> "Because I damned well want to" is a perfectly valid reason for signing
> emails/posts. The level of judgementalism (yeah, I know it's not a word

I judge that 'judgementalism' is a perfectly fine English word. Prior
to yesterday, it maybe hadn't yet been invented. Now that it has been
invented, who can doubt what its meaning is?

This is the magic of a living natural language. People understand it
'intuitively'.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net