Re: CUPS and Brother HL-5340D dual whammy (SOLVED!)

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:31:36 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * On 2012 02 Mar 12:40 -0600, Camaleón wrote:
>> You can also consider contacting the manufacturer (Brother in your
>> case), AFAIK it used to be a linux-friendly partner. And true is that
>> their printers PPD files are quite old (2005).
>
> I could just yell out of my car window while driving down the highway
> for all the good calling them would likely do.  Funny thing is that I
> still have the original toner cartridge that came with the printer when
> I bought it five years ago!  It may be a moot point, meaning that there
> may not be cartridges available when this one runs out and I won't need
> an updated PPD anyway.  :-D

:-)

Well, CUPS evolution is slow but that does not guarantee all of the PPD
files are going to be 100% sempiternally compatible with later versions
of the program. And when things like this happen, giving the manufacturer
a soft warning won't harm.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón