Re: CUPS and Brother HL-5340D dual whammy (SOLVED!)

* On 2012 02 Mar 12:00 -0600, Camaleón wrote:

> Ah! Yes, I remember... Could you finally discover the origin of the bug?

Yes, the "upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2!  ;-)

> Are just the Brother PPD files that fail with the new CUPS package?

No.  There is a report of a Kyoceria failing as well.

> > See bug # 660420 and 660348 (it's that bad that I know have them
> > memorized).
>
> Yup, not a nice memory at all ;-(
>
> Anyway, a fix is more than desirable. Generic PS files can be a
> workaround but not a long time solution.

Agreed, but as I have not ever had to troubleshoot CUPS before, I was
hoping the bug reports would lead to suggestions from the maintainers
but none has been received so far.  Hopefully the reports are being
read.

- Nate >>