Re: detect/probe the physical connected state of a network cable

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 23:29:45 +0800, lina wrote:

> Once I disabled the wireless and plugged in the cable.

How exactly did you disable the wireless? Was the ethernet cable already
plugged at that time? Was eth0 up?

> Seems it's not sensitive. I needed plug out and re-plug in,
>
> Which commands can be used to let the laptop to detect the connection of
> cable?

(...)

What controls you networking stuff, "ifup" or "network-manager"?

Anyway, check your "/etc/network/interfaces" for "allow-hotplug eth0"
stanza. Also, review the messages with "tail -f /var/log/syslog" and
"dmesg | grep -i eth0".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón