Re: [OT] help with m-audio usb Fast Track pro on debian

On 03/01/12 01:39, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Running Wheezy
>
> Can anyone suggest pointers, urls,

Yes - but...

> or coaching toward getting an
> m-audio USB Fast Track Pro (external sound card) working?
>
>   (Please do not reply just to suggest google).

..... that ^^^ means if I haven't memorised that long url for the
step-by-step hold-your-hand Debian tutorial, I'd have to type the search
term into google myself - scroll down to the second entry and cut and
paste the url into a post for you. And I'm too lazy.

> When I run `alsamixer' it lists the Fast Track as one of the sound
> cards available.  When I choose it, alsamixer reports there are no
> controls available
>
> (`This sound device does not have any controls')
>
> All the controls are on the device.  I have the speakers turned on, the
> Fast Track light is on, indicating it is getting power thru the usb
> port.
>
> However, when I attempt tp play something with `mplayer some.wav', I
> get no sound.

Good tip though - it looks nice, is cheap, and seems pretty simple to
get capture/playback in 24 bit (Big Endian) up to a sample rate of 96000
KHz (not duplex though as it's USB1).

Wish you pointed it out before Xmas.

Cheers

Happy New Year:-