Re: open the icedove mail link in iceweasel

On 01/02/2012 10:03 AM, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 10:59 PM, lina wrote:
Hi,

I wish to open the link in icedove by iceweasel, now opens by epiphany.

following the http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28635

I did:

To config thunderdird to use firefox for it's links:
In icedove
Edit->Preferences
then go:
Advanced->General

Click on 'Config Editor' and on editor check for a key:
network.protocol-handler.app.http
(you can make it if it doesn't exist) RIghtClick on the Config Editor
Background and
As with Firefox
1. From the pop-up menu, select "New".
2. From the next pop-up menu, select "String".
3. In the pop-up dialog box "Enter preference name", enter
"network.protocol-handler.app.http" No Quotes
4. In the pop-up dialog box ?"network.protocol-handler.app.http" enter
/usr/bin/iceweasel

but why still not work as expected, the same as nothing being done
before,

Thanks,
P.S I changed both
network.protocol-handler.app.http
network.protocol-handler.app.https

from x-www-browser
to /usr/bin/iceweasel

just not work... I guess I did something wrong?

Yes, you did and you told icedove that you would be careful.  Shame Shame.

Now go back are change the network handlers back to what they were. You did write down what they were before your mistake, right.

Then go to the Attachments tab and link for http and https. To the right of each there is a down arrow to select the application to use for those applications. I selected iceweasel for both.

You should read the manuals sometime before you try doing things you don't know about. Sure would save you having to request help so many times a day.

Best Regards

WT