Re: Gnome3 probe

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Marc Shapiro
[Desktop Entry]
Name=MyApp
Type=application
Comment=My App comment
Exec=/usr/bin/cat
Terminal=true
Category=Utility

Hi March,
Thanx for the explanations, from there I understood my mistake.

In my above .destop I tried to infere from examples, I didn't knew what the meaning and use for Category= and I something random =Utility.

Not providing Category at all OR saying Category=Other, makes MyApp appear in Other so now I can set it up.

So debian may switch to gnome3 anytime, I'll be ready to setup my env with lxde.

Thanx for your help.
Cheers,
Phi