Gnome3 probe

Hi All,

The all thing that make me stay away from suse, ubuntu, mint, name it... is gnome3. I am an happy camper since linge with debian way of gnome2.

My needs are very basic, i.e remove everything, keep only 1 panel that I want vertical on and the right, and have the gnome click tools (gparted, system setting, administration)

I hate to an iritating point any wm that knows better than me what is good for me, basically, thing that auto maximize, fixed/locked pannels, etc, etc... and I hate having to customise things with a huge 'registery' like thing, clickin in panel (or drag it) to move it around is teh only thing I need.

And what I hate most, it spending hours, days to customise, having an update and tada all custmisation are lost and not redone the same way (ubuntu does this)

So my question, does next release of debian will be poluted with gnome3, are will we have a choice? Even a dangled gnome2 would be good for me.

I need to know to void to press 'yes' on next update.

If you know what next release will lok like I'd like to know
Thanx in advance
And merry Chrismas
Cheers,
Phi