Re: shells (was Re: About standards Was: Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release)

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 22:37 +0100, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> > I tried google, but without more keywords, "rc" was too little to
> > search.
>
> When I search for a package's description, I first use debian's
> informations. With apt-cache if I am running my debian, or with
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=foobar if I am not using it.
> The 2nd is really nice to know if a package is available in other
> "versions" of debian ;)

That's useful regarding to Debian packages, however, searching the web
for information, the first search engine I would use is Google.

Even if I would search information about the character "a", I would
search for "letter a" and similar and not for "a", maybe "letter a
sesame street".

Searching for "rc" is naive ;), I would start with "rc shell", in this
case it's ok, if it wouldn't be ok I would continue with "shell rc", "rc
shell linux" etc., unexperienced users might search for "rc linux", this
would be understandable, but searching for "rc" unlikely will lead to
something useful.

*chuckle*