Re: UEFI install

On 27/11/12 21:16, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 08:47:47PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:
>> I got a new Lenovo T530, I added a SSD as second disk, and now have a
>> win7, UEFI boot on MBR partitionned sdb disk.
>>
>> I tried latest beta installer for wheezy (beta4), but it could not boot
>> in UEFI mode
>>
>> (I got a text menu writtent on the right of the screen, then after
>> selecting an entry "Error, no suitable mode found", then reboot...)
> Is that immediately? Do you get a prompt to choose graphical install
> or text install (or rescue) first? If not, I guess the issue is grub2
> failing to draw (it would appear d-i uses grub2 as part of its boot
> chain nowadays. I'm installing Debian via d-i beta4 as I write,
> incidentally, on a blank SSD. It's put a GPT table on and an EFI boot
> partition, w/o there being another OS.)
I get the prompt, the no mode suitable comes after choosing the text or
graphical install.
By the way the disk is not GPT but plain old DOS partition system. That
might be a source of the problem. Other source might be the sdb disk
(the SSD is in the extension bay, since the fixation is better inside
the laptop body.
>> Is there a way for me to install a debian double boot without first
>> reinstalling the windows ?
> I'm sure we'll find a way :-)
That's why I asked here...
>> (and if someone knows what and how I could report the UEFI boot problems
>> to the D-I team, i'd be glad to give them all info I can).
> It's worth doing so, either mail to debian-boot@ or a bug report (but I
> forget which package that should be filed against. Possibly
> installation-reports?)

I note this, and I'll send them the problems once I get more tests and info.