Re: Re: UEFI install

I've had this issue in Ubuntu, and found the most reliable way is to use
a UEFI Boot MANAGER (not Boot Loader) or put the EFI Shell Intel has
provided onto a flash drive this way:

/boot/efi/bootx64.efi    <----rename the shellx64.efi to bootx64.efi
then put it in that path

if you were able to install something like rEFInd on Windows 7, just
select the efi mode of Debian (I can safely do the same for Ubuntu,
though 12.10 doesn't need it, as EFI boot is the default boot for EFI
systems, (this has me wondering if this can be pushed upstream to Debian)

If you, like me, couldn't figure out how to install rEFInd on windows,
then things are a bit more complicated, you'd have to boot from said
flash drive, or the EFI shell if your computer has it, and then figure
out the block device that is the Debian installation media, and the cd
to the efi folder through a chain of cd's, and execute the .efi file
you'll find there that represents the installer or GRUB,  the EFI shell
may look confusing because, well, it IS confusing for most, it's like
mixing the syntax of BASH and cmd together and using the result.

--c_smith