Re: UEFI install

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 08:47:47PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:
> I got a new Lenovo T530, I added a SSD as second disk, and now have a
> win7, UEFI boot on MBR partitionned sdb disk.
>
> I tried latest beta installer for wheezy (beta4), but it could not boot
> in UEFI mode
>
> (I got a text menu writtent on the right of the screen, then after
> selecting an entry "Error, no suitable mode found", then reboot...)

Is that immediately? Do you get a prompt to choose graphical install
or text install (or rescue) first? If not, I guess the issue is grub2
failing to draw (it would appear d-i uses grub2 as part of its boot
chain nowadays. I'm installing Debian via d-i beta4 as I write,
incidentally, on a blank SSD. It's put a GPT table on and an EFI boot
partition, w/o there being another OS.)

> Is there a way for me to install a debian double boot without first
> reinstalling the windows ?

I'm sure we'll find a way :-)

> (and if someone knows what and how I could report the UEFI boot problems
> to the D-I team, i'd be glad to give them all info I can).

It's worth doing so, either mail to debian-boot@ or a bug report (but I
forget which package that should be filed against. Possibly
installation-reports?)