Re: Outrageous Xenophobia. Was: Outrageous sexism. Was: Re: Mail client, threads, etc...

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 16:45 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 16:28 +0100, Titanus Eramius wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:28:04 +0100
> > Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > IMO nothing can be bad with a joke about men, women, Germans, Jews
> > > etc., it becomes bad if people have got bad intentions. Tony has got
> > > a bad intention or he's serious sick and not aware about the
> > > difference of the order to kill people and what happened on this list.
> >
> > But Tonys joke is funny, and I don't really like being called sick
> > because I like it. How can one say others don't have humor, and then
> > react like this on a joke?
> >
> > Not that I need to explain [a little of] my humor in this regard
> > ("black humor" as we call it in Denmark), but it's funny because of how
> > sick it is, and it serves to remind us all about what to avoid. If we
> > would stop to talk about it, joke about it and what not, then history is
> > a little bit closer to repeat itself.
> >
> > And this is exactly why humor and jokes should and is off topic on a
> > international list like this. It's not funny for all.
> >
> >  - Titanus
>
> It's not funny to receive tons of insults off-list.
> It's not funny, if a thread never ever will stop.
> It at least could be moved to off topic list or at least not be
> continued by private mails to my accounts.
>
> IIRC I apologized. IIRC I didn't wrote anything positive or negative to
> any of the last jokes. Did somebody call you sick? Did I call somebody
> sick who likes what ever kind of humour?
>
> I just don't like never ending annoyances. But I understand what
> happens, the list gets half of the mails, I the other half of the mails
> and if I now write anything it does look like I'm an idiot.
>
> Fair play :(

It's the CONTEXT that makes his joke bad, since it wasn't meant as a
joke. You can write the same in another CONTEXT and it will be a joke
for some people.

When I noticed that I hurt somebody who misunderstand my joke I directly
uncalled tried to explain and apologized.

I anyway received mail from the admin.

What should I do with off-list mail in the future? Should I forward all
those "jokes" to the list? Admin?